Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Namaste says Santa & a double treat!!!

Warning: This is going to be a long read, so please stock up your coffee & cookies.....

Santa greeted me first by saying Namaste, when I visited him in 2009 in Rovaniemi (Finland), Santa's official address. The Santa park has it's own post office from where you can post greetings to your loved ones sitting anywhere in the world. Rovaniemi is the land of reindeer and yes I got to try out reindeer meat with wild berries and I know I sound like a carnivore now....
This Christmas, I'm  remembering my wonderful holiday and would like to share some of my happy times!


That's ME with Santa


Reindeer meat served with wild berries


All smiles with Lapish hospitality


No...wait! I'm not done yet....
I would also like to share with you a double treat of  sweets that I made from sesame seeds that I received from iherb, for being  selected as one of the winners among ten  in  SOS Challenge in the month of October, hosted by Diet, Dessert & Dogs and Affairs of Living.
I'm heading home for this holiday season to Bangalore and looking forward to some travelling and exploring new recipes.Since it's Christmas time and you would want to gift some cookies, cakes or nibbles and I have come up with two easy to make recipes that would be easy to pack and can last up to a week even without refrigerating. So here it goes...




Sesame Chikki (Til ke Chikki)
4cups of sugar
1cup hulled sesame seeds
1tsp lemon juice
2tsp cardamon powder

Heat sugar in a pan and just when it's melted and before it's crystallizes, add lime.Once the sugar is fully melted, add sesame seeds, cardamon powder and turn of the gas. Mix well. Grease back of a plate or tray and spread the prepared mixture while hot. Allow it to set for an hour. After an hour, you will be
able to break the pieces easily. Break them into desired sizes and store them in an air tight container. I got about 30-35 medium sized pieces.




Sesame & Chocolate Balls
2cups hulled sesame seeds
1cup dessicated coconut
4tbs butter/ghee
1/2 cup honey
2tsp cardamon powder
1tbs raisins
1tbs cashew
50gms dark chocolate




Mix all the dry ingredients except for the chocolate in a bowl and mix well. Make small balls and keep them aside. Melt the chocolate in a bowl (microwave it) and dip the balls one by one, until it is fully covered with chocolate. I prefer to have a thin layer of chocolate rather than thick one. Allow it to dry and refrigerate for an hour. Store them in airtight containers either at room temperature for a week or refrigerate until they can last. I got about 25 pieces.




My tastebuds: I've had sesame chikki before and they are not my favourites. Sesame & Chocolates balls has been tried out  for the first time with the intention to clear my  fridge before I head start out on my travel. This recipe seems to have become an instant hit with me and hubby.

Wish you all Merry Christmas!!!

Sesame & Chocolate balls is my submission to this month's Monthly Mingle - Chocolate Extravaganza hosted by Ria's Collection and What's for lunch, Honey?


5 comments:

  1. what a fantastic holiday!! Santa,reindeer meat and berries...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megha,u looks gorgeous, chikki and choco balls looks sooo yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. super vacation. Merry xmas and hope u make some sesame chikki. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, have a happy n fun filled holidays !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post Megha...and what a fantastic holiday you had!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...